Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mackey (and "I", using the transitive property) Wins Iditarod...AGAIN

Here is a quote from my post back in January at the K300 Dog Sled race in Bethel...

"Mackey’s team (winner of last three Iditarods, ESPY nominee) came sprinting up the river bank in second. I quickly checked him in, noting his time and having him sign the log. For the sake of a speedy turnaround Mackey asked me to hop on his sled as he grabbed the lead dogs and we maneuvered the sled around the checkpoint back to the river bank. I think that single moment of sheer glory, actually standing on a legendary musher's sled is about as close as I’ll ever get to racing in the Iditarod. You gotta start somewhere!"

Today he won his fourth Iditarod IN A ROW. He was competing against 70 other teams over an almost two week race. CLICK HERE for article.

Clearly, he couldn't have done it without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment